456: Urinal Cup
DISCUSSED: Dan presents a curious new bathroom project; some thoughts on OCD, procrastination, and empathy; praise for Fury Road, Inglourious Basterds, and Dunkirk; Dan has follow-up on his awesome new laptop and the state of Unix shells; Merlin makes the case for occasionally getting unused to things.
Links for this episode:
- I’ll Do The Procrastination Episode Tomorrow
- The MacBook Adorable — Liss is More
- Moving to zsh – Scripting OS X
- Apple replaces bash with zsh as the default shell in macOS Catalina - The Verge
- Amazon.com: Samson Q2U USB/XLR Dynamic Microphone Recording and Podcasting Pack (Includes Mic Clip, Desktop Stand, Windscreen and Cables): Musical Instruments
- Compartmentalization (psychology) - Wikipedia
Compartmentalization is a subconscious psychological defense mechanism used to avoid cognitive dissonance, or the mental discomfort and anxiety caused by a person's having conflicting values, cognitions, emotions, beliefs, etc. within themselves.