464: Ramit Sethi | I Will Teach You to Find Your Dream Job
Ramit Sethi (@ramit) is the bestselling author of I Will Teach You to Be Rich: No Guilt. No Excuses. No B.S. Just a 6-Week Program That Works, and now he's applied the same no-nonsense approach to his latest program, Find Your Dream Job.
What We Discuss with Ramit Sethi:
- Many people are underpaid, often by $10,000 per year. How can you make sure you're not one of them?
- What hiring managers are really looking for in job candidates, and how to refrain from disqualifying yourself before you've even applied simply because you lack a prerequisite mentioned in the listing.
- Throwing your resume on a stack with the rest of the candidates and hoping for the best is probably a wasted effort -- because most of the best jobs are filled through backdoor introductions, often before they're ever made public.
- By the time you've been granted an interview, the hiring manager doesn't want a generic rehash of your credentials -- they're more interested in knowing how well you'll fit in with the team and if you can be counted on under pressure.
- The three parts of the negotiation power dynamics framework that will help you maximize the outcome of your negotiations by understanding your leverage.
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/464
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!