465: Dan Martell | How Strong is Your Ability to Change?
Dan is a serial entrepreneur having built several multi-million dollar technology companies starting at the age of 17. He's also an award-winning angel investor, having invested in companies like Intercom, Udemy, Hootsuite, Unbounce. Today he's an executive coach focused exclusively on B2B SaaS working with the founders from ClickFunnels.com, Proposify.com, Carrot.com, and many others to help scale their businesses. He splits his time between Canada (where he grew up), and San Diego with his wife Renee and two boys.
On This Episode:
- Dan tells of his childhood and teenage years and how his struggle with addiction turned into an addiction to software.
- Dan talks about how every software build comes from his desire to solve his own problems
- Dan tells how he learned about the importance of marketing through personal reading and studying
- Dan tells the story of how two different relationships immensely affected his life
- Think big and plan for success
- 3 principles of business: Acquire knowledge for your network, Your network is your net worth, Be a good person!
- Do not be afraid to reinvent yourself
- Become the person who can deal
“People just don’t plan for success”- Dan Martell
"It’s 'Who you know' and I’ll tell you why- One person can compress a decade of advice into today. The 'What you know' is how you remain interesting to those people." - Dan Martell
Podcasts- SaaS Growth Stacking and Escape Velocity