471: How to Acquire New Skills Faster with Scott H. Young
Scott Young shares innovative methods to learn new skills more efficiently and effectively.
- Foundational principles for mastering skills more effectively
- The importance of “meta-learning”
- The Feynman Technique and other approaches to accelerate learning
Scott is a writer, programmer, traveler and an avid reader of interesting things. For the last ten years he’s been experimenting to find out how to learn and think better. He doesn’t promise he has all the answers, just a place to start.
- Scott’s Book: "Ultralearning: Master Hard Skills, Outsmart the Competition, and Accelerate Your Career"
- Scott’s MIT Challenge
- Scott’s email: email@example.com
- Scott’s website: ScottHYoung.com
Resources mentioned in the show:
- Online Class: MIT OpenCourseWare
- Technique: Feynman Technique
- Study: Retrieval Practice Produces More Learning than Elaborative Studying with Concept Mapping
- Book: "The Enigma of Reason" by Hugo Mercier
Thank you Sponsor!
- The Simple Habit meditation app can help you gain greater control over distractions for faster learning. The first 50 listeners to sign up at SimpleHabit.com/Awesome get 30% off premium subscriptions.