473: How to Increase Your Productivity by Crafting your Time with Mike Vardy
Mike Vardy discusses how to fine-tune your routine and make the most of your time through mode-based work.
- Why you shouldn't obsess over productivity apps
- How to craft your time with the 5 categories of mode-based work
- How to keep yourself motivated and on-track through journaling
Mike Vardy is an author, speaker, and productivity and time management strategist (or 'productivityist') based in Victoria, BC, Canada. His company Productivityist helps people stop 'doing' productive and start 'being' productive through a variety of online and offline resources. He is the author of The Front Nine: How to Start the Year You Want Anytime You Want, published by Diversion Books, and has self-published several eBooks, the most recent of which is ”The Productivityist Playbook." He currently hosts The Productivityist Podcast, a podcast that features insights and conversations surrounding productivity and workflow.
- Mike’s Podcast: The Productivityist Podcast
- Mike’s TEDx Talk: How to Stop Time: My Talk at TEDx Victoria
Resources mentioned in the show:
- Tool: OmniFocus
- Tool: Things
- Tool: Todoist
- Tool: Trello
- Tool: Asana
- Tool: Front
- Website: Lifehack
- Website: The Next Web
- Company: Baron Fig
- Movie: “The Pursuit of Happyness”
- Book: Ego is the Enemy by Ryan Holiday
- Book: Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity” by David Allen
- Book: “The Obstacle Is the Way: The Timeless Art of Turning Trials into Triumph” by Ryan Holiday
- Book: “The War of Art: Winning the Inner Creative Battle” by Steven Pressfield
Thank you, Sponsor!
Policygenius helps you shop for life insurance in under two minutes. Check them out at Policygenius.com.
View transcript, show notes, and links at http://AwesomeAtYourJob.com/ep473