477: Speaking Confidently and Effectively with Diane DiResta
Professional speaker Diane DiResta shares invaluable tips and tricks to level up your presentations and boost your executive presence.
- Why knockout presentation skills are essential to your career
- How to structure the most effective presentation
- An effective way to overcome your fear of speaking
Diane DiResta, CSP, is Founder and CEO of DiResta Communications, Inc., a New York City consultancy that serves business leaders who deliver high-stakes presentations—whether one-to-one, in front of a crowd, or from an electronic platform. A Certified Speaking Professional, DiResta is one of only 12% of speakers to hold that designation. She was President of the New York City chapter of the National Speakers Association and former media trainer for the NBA and WNBA.
- Diane’s Website: DiResta Communications Inc.
- Diane’s YouTube Channel: YouTube.com/DianeDiResta
- Diane’s Book: Knockout Presentations: How to Deliver Your Message with Power, Punch, and Pizzazz
Resources mentioned in the show:
- App: LikeSo
- Article: “Talkaholics Sink Partnerships, Presentations—and Careers” by Joann Lublin
- Website: TED.com
- Book: The Science of Mind: The Complete Edition by Ernest Holmes
Thank you Sponsors!
- ZipRecruiter is the smartest way to hire. You can try them for free at Ziprecruiter.com/HTBA
- Butcher Box provides delicious, cost-effective, humanely-raised meat. Straight to your door! Get 2 free pounds of ground beef + bacon + $20 off by visiting ButcherBox.com/BEAWESOME.
View transcript, show notes, and links at http://AwesomeAtYourJob.com/ep477