479: How to Slash Anxiety and Keep Positivity Flowing with Anne Grady
Resilience expert Anne Grady shares how to decrease anxiety and stay in a more positive, productive zone more often.
- How the negativity bias hijacks us--and how to fix it
- Quick ways to put your lizard brain back in its place
- How to better savor “delicious moments” and enjoy each workday more
Resilience expert Anne Grady is an internationally recognized speaker and author. Anne shares humor, humility, refreshing honesty, and practical strategies anyone can use to triumph over adversity and master change. A two-time TEDx speaker, Anne has been featured in Forbes, Harvard Business Review, Inc., FOX Business, Entrepreneur, and more. She is the author of “Strong Enough: Choosing Courage, Resilience, and Triumph.” Learn more at www.AnneGradyGroup.com.
Resources mentioned in the show:
- App: Calm
- App: Buddhify
- App: Happify
- App: Headspace
- App: Simple Habit
- Book: “Where the Red Fern Grows” by Wilson Rawls
- Author: Arianna Huffington
- Author: Brene Brown
- Researcher: Dr. Rick Hanson
- Author: Rachel Hollis
- Researcher: Shawn Achor
- TED Talk: Kelly McGonigal: How to make stress your friend
- Neurosciences terms: Amygdala, Hippocampus, Hypothalamus, Limbic system, Noradrenaline / Norepinephrine, Prefrontal cortex
- Book: “Hardwiring Happiness: The New Brain Science of Contentment, Calm, and Confidence” by Rick Hanson
- Book: “The Happiness Advantage: The Seven Principles of Positive Psychology That Fuel Success and Performance at Work” by Shawn Achor
- Book: “The Upside of Stress: Why Stress Is Good for You, and How to Get Good at It” by Kelly McGonigal
Thank You, Sponsor!
- iDashboards: Create gorgeously useful data visualizations with iDashboards.com/awesome.
View transcript, show notes, and links at http://AwesomeAtYourJob.com/ep479