479: Lisa Feldman Barrett | Seven and a Half Lessons About the Brain
Lisa Feldman Barrett (@lfeldmanbarrett) is among the top one percent most-cited scientists in the world for her revolutionary research in psychology and neuroscience. Her new book, Seven and a Half Lessons About the Brain, is out now.
What We Discuss with Lisa Feldman Barrett:
- Our brains evolved to keep our bodies alive -- thinking is just a bonus by-product.
- Why the lizard brain theory is a myth.
- More like companies than computers, our brains reorganize themselves when the situation calls for adaptation to survive.
- How our brains predict what we think we’re hearing and seeing, and how this affects our behavior.
- Why you're not really left-brained or right-brained.
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/479
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!