480: How to Become Ridiculously Likable with Vanessa Van Edwards
Researcher Vanessa Van Edwards explains what causes people to like one another and how to make great impressions.
- Proven ways for making a fantastic first impression
- What builds and what kills likability the fastest
- Good and bad questions to ask during first meetings
Vanessa Van Edwards is a behavioral investigator at her human behavior research lab, the Science of People. She is a professional people watcher—speaking, researching and cracking the code of interesting behavior hacks for audiences around the world. She is a columnist for Entrepreneur Magazine and the Huffington Post. Her popular courses on Creative Live and Udemy have over 120,000 enrolled students. She’s been featured on NPR, CNN, Forbes and USA Today, but more importantly, she’s addicted to sour patch kids, airplane coffee and puppies.
- Vanessa’s Book: “Captivate: The Science of Succeeding with People”
- Vanessa’s Facial Expression Guide: ScienceOfPeople.com/face
- Vanessa’s TED Talk: You are contagious | TEDxLondon
- Vanessa’s Website: Science of People
- Vanessa’s YouTube: Vanessa Van Edwards
Resources mentioned in the show:
- Book: “Why Men Don’t Listen and Women Can’t Read Maps” by Barbara and Allan Pease
- Researcher: Dr. Ekman
- Term: Expectancy effect
- Personality research: The Big Five Personality Test
Thank you, sponsors!
- BetterHelp provides affordable therapy on demand. Get 10% off your first month at BetterHelp.com/AWESOME with the discount code AWESOME.
- The Simple Habit meditation app can help you gain greater control over distractions for faster learning. Visit SimpleHabit.com/Awesome get 30% off premium subscriptions.
View transcript, show notes, and links at http://AwesomeAtYourJob.com/ep480