482: Learn How to Heal Your Autoimmune Disease Through Diet & Lifestyle | Dr. Terry Wahls
Watch the full video interview on YouTube here: https://bit.ly/drterrywahls482
Dr. Terry Wahls (IG: @drterrywahls) is a functional medicine practitioner and a clinical professor of medicine at the University of Iowa where she conducts clinical trials.
She’s a patient with secondary progressive multiple sclerosis, which confined her to a tilt-recline wheelchair for four years. Dr. Wahls restored her health using a diet and lifestyle program she designed specifically for her brain and now pedals her bike to work each day.
She’s the author of The Wahls Protocol.
Today, Dr. Wahls and I go deep into the specific diet and lifestyle she used to heal her MS. This is a powerful protocol for anyone suffering from an autoimmune condition or chronic disease.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Dr. Wahls diagnosis of a progressive pain disorder & multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Mitochondrial dysfunction and multiple sclerosis
- Signs & symptoms Dr. Wahls was experiencing
- The power of positive affirmations for healing chronic disease
- The supplement protocol that changed her life
- Shifting the focus to what you CAN eat
- The possibility of recovery exists
- How changing her diet had a big impact on MS recovery
- Starting a clinic to share her diet & lifestyle with patients
- You have to inspire hope
- The Wahls Protocol helps you heal from chronic disease
- Are you a meat-eater or vegetarian/vegan?
- Supplement recommendations for vegetarians and vegans
- The benefits of sulfur-containing vegetables
- 9 cups of vegetables & fruit a day
- Monitoring your vitamin D levels
- Getting a homocysteine test
- Eating 200 different plant foods a year
- Taking time to meditate
- Committing to daily exercise when you have a chronic disease
- Peer support is important for any behaviour change
- An update on Dr. Wahls current health status
- Starting your healing journey
- The biggest leverage factor for healing
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action ;)
2. If you'd prefer to watch vs listen to the interviews, head over to our YouTube channel and enjoy the full video conversations. Be sure and subscribe while you're there.
3. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
4. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
5. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
7. Share using the buttons below.