484: Give Bridesmaid the Boot for Political Dispute? | Feedback Friday
Your BFF was slated to be a bridesmaid at your wedding, but she can't resist the urge to argue about politics with you, your fiance, and anyone with whom she disagrees. Now you're wondering: should you even invite her to the wedding at all? We'll dig into this and more here on Feedback Friday!
And in case you didn't already know it, Jordan Harbinger (@JordanHarbinger) and Gabriel Mizrahi (@GabeMizrahi) banter and take your comments and questions for Feedback Friday right here every week! If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at email@example.com. Now let's dive in!
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/484
On This Week's Feedback Friday, We Discuss:
- Your BFF bridesmaid insufferably loves to argue politics to the point that your fiance can't stand the sight of her. Now you're wondering: should you even invite her to your wedding?
- Even though you helped your dad build a multi-million dollar business, your long-distance girlfriend's old-fashioned parents don't approve of your relationship. They don't see what you've done as an accomplishment, just that you "work for your dad." What can you do to improve your relationship with people who might someday be your in-laws?
- You tend to interact with people in a way that some consider being too informal or familiar. Sometimes your sense of humor just doesn't seem to hit the right note and you wind up offending more often than making people laugh. Is there anything you should be doing to make a better impression?
- Your girlfriend is a magnificent writer, with a master's degree in English, pursuing a career in publishing. Unfortunately, her lack of success in landing a job has sapped her confidence; she won’t reach out to friends and family for support, and is terrified to ask for help. She's even opposed to therapy thanks to bad experiences in the past. What can you do?
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you'd like to share with us? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Connect with Jordan on Twitter at @JordanHarbinger and Instagram at @jordanharbinger.
- Connect with Gabriel on Twitter at @GabeMizrahi.
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider leaving your Twitter handle...