486: How to Be Self-Reliant & Ready for the Unexpected | Clint Emerson
Watch the full video interview on YouTube here: https://bit.ly/clintemerson486
Clint Emerson (IG: @100deadlyskills) grew up in Saudi Arabia, attended high school in North Dallas and enlisted in the Navy in 1994, serving as a SEAL operator at SEAL Team Three, the NSA, and SEAL Team Six, before retiring in 2015.
Now he runs a crisis-management company, Escape the Wolf.
Today we’re discussing Clint’s latest book, The Rugged Life: The Modern Guide to Self-Reliance.
Stick around and learn how to design and live a more independent life for you and your family.
In this episode, we discuss:
- What does the “rugged life” mean?
- Start with your interests
- Be your own homemaker
- Learn how to collect water + how to filter it
- You still need an income to live off-grid
- Be your own power grid
- Do you like who you’re living with?
- How to make a vertical garden out of old tires
- Ideas to monetize your farm
- The willingness to fail
- Build a community to barter with
- How to build a chicken coop in your backyard
- Understanding the cycle of life and death on the farm
- The spiritual aspect of valuing nature
- Be your own protector
- Become your own handyman
- Solve your own problems
- Being self-reliant doesn’t mean being stupid
- Clint’s transition from being a Navy SEAL to civilian life
- Make a decision, do research, take action
- Movement is naturally built into the rugged life
- Take advantage of luxury & time
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action ;)
2. If you'd prefer to watch vs listen to the interviews, head over to our YouTube channel and enjoy the full video conversations. Be sure and subscribe while you're there.
3. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
4. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
5. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
7. Share using the buttons below.