486: Nina Schick | Deepfakes and the Coming Infocalypse
What We Discuss with Nina Schick:
- What deepfakes are and how they're created using technology that is getting exponentially more sophisticated every year and accessible to anyone.
- How deepfakes go beyond novelty and into dangerous territory occupied by blackmailers, propagandists, terrorists, conspiracy theorists, and other unsavory ne'er-do-wells who profit by making the rest of us doubt what we can trust as reality.
- Why deepfakes are so much more concerning than reality-bending manipulations of the past.
- The potential positive uses of AI-assisted deepfake technology that will change our world as dramatically as the advent of the Internet.
- How we can discern between real photo, video, or audio footage and imposter deepfakes to avoid being duped by 21st-century technoshysters.
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/486
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store