487: Connect with Cult Father, or Don't Even Bother? | Feedback Friday
You basically grew up in a cult, and following your own path as an adult was seen as an act of "rebellion" in the eyes of your dad, from whom you've been estranged ever since. He's even forbidden you from setting foot on his property until you "repent, return, and remain." Now, years have passed and it doesn't sit well with you that your relationship is so strained. Should you try to reconnect with your cult father, or is it even worth the bother? We'll try to find answers to this and more here on Feedback Friday!
And in case you didn't already know it, Jordan Harbinger (@JordanHarbinger) and Gabriel Mizrahi (@GabeMizrahi) banter and take your comments and questions for Feedback Friday right here every week! If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at email@example.com. Now let's dive in!
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/487
On This Week's Feedback Friday, We Discuss:
- After "rebelling" against the cult in which you were raised, should you try to reconnect with your estranged father, or is it even worth the bother? [Thanks to cult expert Steven Hassan for helping us with this one!]
- You fell behind on paperwork your job legally requires, and even though you provided it to the inspectors before the pandemic lockdowns began, you've yet to hear back from them. Now your wife says if it causes you to lose your job, she'll never forgive you. Is she overreacting? How do you handle this?
- You've got a new, cushy job that pays handsomely, but you're unfulfilled because it's not the work you signed up for. Quitting now means you'd have to pay off thousands in sign-on bonuses, but you feel like you're doing your career a disservice by sticking with it. Should you just shut up and be grateful, or cut your losses and find something that better suits you?
- Over the past year, you’ve become obsessed with learning. You read books, consume newsletters, and listen to hours of podcasts every day. The bad news: you can't seem to retain any of it. Are you just overloading your brain circuitry, or is there a trick to getting all this new info to stick?
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you'd like to share with us? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Connect with Jordan on Twitter at @JordanHarbinger and Instagram at @jordanharbinger.
- Connect with Gabriel on Twitter at @GabeMizrahi.
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at <a href="https://jordanharbinger.com/course"...