489: Frank Bourassa | The World’s Greatest Counterfeiter Part Two
Frank Bourassa counterfeited and sold $250 million in fake US currency until he was nabbed in an undercover operation. Now he runs a security company and works with the police to catch other counterfeiters.
What We Discuss with Frank Bourassa:
- How someone creates a quarter of a billion dollars in American $20 bills that not only look genuine, but feel genuine even to experts.
- The hours of research that Frank spent learning how to create counterfeit money that would pass most muster without immediately going to jail on his first attempt.
- The catalyst that drove Frank to pursue a life of crime in the first place (and has probably tempted most of us to consider it from time to time).
- It takes money to make money: Frank reveals the startup fees that went into his operation to literally print the perfect $20 bills en masse.
- How much labor actually goes into a counterfeiting project at this scale -- once you find a crew you think you can trust.
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/489
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!