497: How to Harness Your Brain’s 4 Characters & Live With Deep Inner Peace | Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor
Watch the full video interview on YouTube here: https://bit.ly/497drjillboltetaylor
Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor (IG: @drjillboltetaylor) is a Harvard-trained and published neuroscientist.
In 1996 she experienced a severe hemorrhage in the left hemisphere of her brain causing her to lose the ability to walk, talk, read, write, or recall any of her life. Her memoir, My Stroke of Insight, documenting her experience with stroke and eight-year recovery, spent 63 weeks on the New York Times bestseller list.
Dr. Jill is a dynamic teacher and public speaker who loves educating about the beauty of our human brain.
Today we’re discussing her latest book, Whole Brain Living: The Anatomy of Choice and the Four Characters That Drive Our Life.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Suffering from a life-changing stroke at age 37
- Signs & symptoms Dr. Jill experienced during her stroke
- What it’s like to have half your brain shut down
- Dr. Jill’s experience post stroke vs. a psychedelic trip
- The silver lining on the other side of her brain trauma
- Growing up right-brain to becoming whole brain
- Life and death are on a continuum
- Making the conscious decision to recover
- We need sleep to heal the brain
- Dr. Jill’s mother followed her natural rhythm for recovery
- How her family supported her brother with schizophrenia
- The value of life
- A rare congenital malformation caused Dr. Jill’s stroke
- The skills of your beautiful right hemisphere
- The four different characters inside your brain
- We’ve evolved to have an overly dominant left brain
- Dr. Jill describes her four characters
- What is the BRAIN Huddle tool?
- Using meditation to bring you to the present moment
- Become a master of your own mind
- How parents can teach their children the four characters
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action ;)
2. If you'd prefer to watch vs listen to the interviews, head over to our YouTube channel and enjoy the full video conversations. Be sure and subscribe while you're there.
3. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
4. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
5. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
7. Share using the buttons below.