499: How to Use Boundaries to Reclaim Your Time, Energy & Relationships | Melissa Urban
Watch the full video interview on YouTube here: https://bit.ly/499melissaurban
Melissa Urban (IG: @melissau) is the co-founder and CEO of the Whole30 program, and a six-time New York Times bestselling author. She is the host of the Do the Thing podcast and is a prominent keynote speaker on boundaries, building community, health trends & entrepreneurship.
Today we’re discussing Melissa's brand new book, The Book of Boundaries: Set the Limits That Will Set You Free.
Learning how to set and stick to your boundaries will improve your mental health, energy, productivity and create more fulfilling relationships. Stick around and learn how to become a boundary master.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Signs you need to set a boundary
- How to categorize boundaries
- A simple approach to start setting boundaries
- Strategies to setting & holding workplace boundaries
- A three-tiered approach to boundary scripts
- Don’t over-explain your boundary
- Navigating the “whys”
- Common misconceptions about boundaries
- Establishing a healthy workplace culture
- The best boundaries are flexible
- Should you communicate changes to a boundary?
- The boundaries Melissa sets working from home
- Why she rejects the hustle culture
- Advice for starting an entrepreneurial journey
- Deepen your accomplishments
- Create more balance in your life
- Mentors offer an insightful perspective
- Setting boundaries was transformative for Melissa’s drug recovery
- Are you willing to hold your boundary?
- Setting & holding self-boundaries
- Teaching kids the concept of healthy boundaries
- It’s never too late to set boundaries
- The three boundary mistakes people make
- Don’t impose your boundary expectations on others
- What is the golden rule in relationships?
- Setting healthy boundaries in relationships
- Ask yourself, “What do I need?”
- The key to building self-confidence
- Everyone can benefit from clear, kind communication
- The freedom that comes from setting boundaries
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action ;)
2. If you'd prefer to watch vs listen to the interviews, head over to our YouTube channel and enjoy the full video conversations. Be sure and subscribe while you're there.
3. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
4. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
5. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
7. Share using the buttons below.