#5: 6 (Legal) Considerations for Therapists Who Coach
There is much discussion about whether therapists should offer coaching services and the legal implications of doing so. This episode explores the 'why' behind some of advice you commonly hear for therapists who are considering moving into coaching. The discussion includes:
1. Getting Clear on the Distinction Between Coaching & Therapy. While there are some distinctions, there is also significant overlap. We talk about how clear you need to be on this distinction.
2. Do I Need a Separate Business Entity to Coach? Possibly. We talk about the reasoning behind having a separate business entity and why the answer to this question may differ from state to state or practice to practice.
3. Do I Need a Separate Website? The answer may not be surprising, but the reasoning may be.
4. What Credentials Can I Use? A common question is how you can explain your education and experience--especially in marketing. We talk about the big 'no-no' and how you can convey your expertise instead.
5. What Documents Do I Need? We talk about the primary document you need to make sure you have with each and every coaching client before you begin providing services.
6. What Do My Clients Need to Know? We discuss what information you and your clients should be clear on regarding the distinction between therapy and coaching.
Website link: brandimatthews.consulting/podcast