#5 - Hardcore Cardiologist Incorporates "Integrative Medicine” to Treat the Whole Person (Featuring Dr. Mimi Guarneri)
TAKING CONTROL OF YOUR DIABETES – THE PODCAST! ...With Expert Endocrinologists Living with T1D, Drs. Steven V. Edelman & Jeremy Pettus
Hardcore Cardiologist Incorporates "Integrative Medicine” to Treat the Whole Person – Featuring Mimi Guarneri, MD
Questions We’ll Cover in This Episode:
• What causes cardiovascular disease? Can you intervene to prevent a negative cardiac event?
• What is integrative medicine?
• How does nutrition relate to health? Give us a “what to eat in a day” example.
• What treatments can you introduce beyond medication to prevent cardiovascular disease?
• What causes inflammation and what are the signs of inflammation that go unnoticed?
• How does inflammation affect the body?
• What is the mind-body connection? How do the gut microbiome and hormone levels affect how you feel?
• What is an integrative approach to treating type 2 diabetes?
• How do you stay motivated to stay on a health program?
• What is important to know about a lipid panel?
To learn about the”Dirty Dozen” and then “Clean 15”: https://www.ewg.org/foodnews/
**Tune in for 2 new episodes each month! Like what you hear and want to help us grow? Please rate and review this podcast so we can reach more people living with diabetes!**
★ Support this podcast ★