5- Bobby Ghoshal @Candid Co: How to do user research that is rooted in business
Bobby Ghoshal is a co-host of a famous podcast High Resolution and a co-founder of a startup Candid Co. He has more than 15 years of experience in the design world and is a big proponent of bringing design closer to business.
In this episode we spoke about:
- how to do user research that is rooted in business problems
- how to measure and present results of your design work,
- and how to hire and train a design team to become more business-savvy.
- 3:55 How did Bobby get into design?
- 7:45 How 11-year old Bobby sold his art to parents
- 11:20 How Bobby's early sales experience translated into design
- 13:30 How to recognize if a designer is business-savvy?
- 16:40 How to train a designer to become more business-savvy?
- 21:30 How Bobby and his team does user research that is rooted in business challenges?
- 36:45 How does design team at Candid Co track and present results of design work?
- 41:15 Bobby's advice for designers who are just starting
- 46:25 What is one thing Bobby changed his mind about design after recording High Resolution?
20- Seven things every designer should know about business
19- How Jonathan almost bankrupted AJ&Smart (Business Design Jam 2)
15- Amy Bonsall @IDEO - What is venture design?
14- Taig Mac Carthy @GIK - Blue ocean strategy turned into blue wine
10- Jonathan Courtney @AJ&Smart: UX has become a commodity
8- Kate Rutter @California College: How to measure and quantify design
7- Steve Vassallo @Foundation Capital: Empathy is killing your product
6- Dr. Sudy Majd @Candid Co: How to do user research rooted in business II
4- Marc Hemeon @Facebook: Design is not art
3- Joel Califa @GitHub: Business, yes. But users first.