5 Boundaries to Set in Relationships & 3 Ways to Use Them Effectively
Today, I will be sharing about setting boundaries in our relationships. When we aren’t used to setting them, we may find it difficult to start setting one. Having one makes us value our self worth so much more and will help encourage others to treat us with respect.
I start by talking about the consequences of breaking our boundaries, especially with the boundaries we had for our old self, how we should start becoming aware of them and build up new ones, and then start sharing these boundaries to our partner to let them understand where we stand. We also have the five types of boundaries we should start practicing.
- 00:00:00 Intro
- 00:01:12 Setting boundaries in relationships
- 00:06:42 What happens when we break our own boundaries
- 00:07:14 Become aware of all your boundaries
- 00:09:15 Set your past behind
- 00:10:07 Express your boundaries to your partner
- 00:16:40 Type #1: Friendship boundary
- 00:18:05 Type #2: Ideas boundary
- 00:19:29 Type #3: Financial boundary
- 00:21:18 Type #4: Alone time boundary
- 00:23:00 Type #5: Purpose boundary
Like this show? Please leave us a review here - even one sentence helps! Post a screenshot of you listening on Instagram & tag us so we can thank you personally!
Do you want to meditate daily with me? Go to go.calm.com/onpurpose to get 40% off a Calm Premium Membership. Experience the Daily Jay. Only on Calm
Want to be a Jay Shetty Certified Life Coach? Get the Digital Guide and Workbook from Jay Shetty