5 Principles to Design Your Best Life & Business
Russell Benaroya is an author, entrepreneur, coach, and speaker focused on helping people achieve their highest and best use by staying in their genius zones. Russell has spent the last twenty years in investment banking, private equity, and entrepreneurship, and today is the Co-Founder of Stride Services, an outsourced accounting and strategic finance firm that helps business owners use their data for better decision making. He is also the author of One Life to Lead; Business Success Through Better Life Design, a book focused on the steps to overcome your limitations to architect a life and business on your terms.
- 00:39 - Introducing Russell
- 03:46 - Starting Stride Services
- 06:38 - One Life to Lead
- 10:29 - The Five Principles
- 17:50 - The Gift of Taking Action
- 21:13 - Inspiring Story
- 23:35 - Final Advice
- And there's some fear in delegation. Sometimes you don't even know how to delegate. It is a muscle that needs to be flexed. It is not an instinct for many people. You have to practice a delegation.
- You can't lead others until you know how to lead yourself.
- 5 principles of life design. Be the architect.
- Awareness: is this a fact or a story?
- Establish your principles. Meaning if you move throughout life without a set of non-negotiables for how you interact with people or make decisions, do business deals, you become subject to the goals, whims and wants of other people.
- Harness the energy from the environment. If we have a hundred units of energy to expend a day, we're going to use the units available to neutralize our energy drains. First, before we're invested in our energy gains and energy are where do I get energy around certain people?
- Get and stay in your zone of geniusExecution; take action
- Start getting in a place where you are the architect of a life designed by you versus a life happening to you.