5 Ways to Build a Positive Relationship with Food
Have you ever been in a toxic relationship that you knew was toxic but you couldn’t leave? Diet culture is that toxic boyfriend or girlfriend that gives us a poor relationship to food. Tune in to learn how to build a positive relationship to food and dump diet culture!
Highlights of this episode:
- Food relationships
- How food relationships are damaged
- What a positive relationship looks like
- 5 ways to start building a positive relationship to food
Everyone has a relationship to food because food is more than just fuel and nutrients. Whether you realize it or not, your relationship to food has been formed out of experiences and memories! Food has a physiological and neurological effect. Every time you eat, it can create an experience. Your personal history, heritage, and cultural foods influence your relationship to food. Your environment or your settings can influence your relationship. Unfortunately so many of us have experiences from diet culture that damage our relationship to food. Things like food insecurity, parents, peer groups, influences, entertainment, media, diets, exercise programs, and cultural fatphobia. There is a way to break up with diet culture and start reclaiming your relationship to food! Hint, one small bite at a time...
Free resource on website - Are You an Intuitive Eater?
Get Unstuck Class
Starts July 12, 2022. There’s an early bird special. Classes are on Zoom, so no travel necessary. Read about it here: https://orozconutrition.com/courses/
Where do I go from here?
- If you like this episode, then download the show wherever you listen to your podcasts at Apple, Spotify, Stitcher, Google, iHeartRadio, Castbox, etc!
- Hit that subscribe button so you won’t miss another episode.
- Big Ask: Leave a Review! Please, take a few minutes and leave me a review on your podcast app. Each review helps other listeners find the podcast, which provides me with the ability to continue bring you unique content. So spread the love. Loss for words? Just write what you like about the show.
- Share the show with friends.
- If you want to work with us, schedule an appointment or a free 15 minute discovery call. Explore our website and click Schedule an Appointment. Or, reach us by email email@example.com or phone 678-568-4717.
Once again, I greatly appreciate you for listening and supporting my show. Remember, it really only takes One Small Bite to start transforming your life.
Chop the diet mentality; Fuel Your Body; and Nourish Your Soul!