500: How to Boost Your Metabolism, Melt the Fat Away & Build Muscle | Sal Di Stefano
Watch the full video interview on YouTube here: https://bit.ly/500saldistefano
Sal Di Stefano (IG: @mindpumpmedia) is a personal trainer and co-founder of Mind Pump Media and co-host of Mind Pump, an online radio show/podcast that is dedicated to providing truthful fitness and health information.
He is dedicated to prioritizing health over appearance, and he aims to shift the direction of the fitness industry from aesthetic- and insecurity-based to one based in self-love and self-care.
If you’re looking for a simple but powerful breakdown on how to use resistance training to build muscle and burn fat - this conversation is for you.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Why cardio is a terrible way to try and lose weight
- Strength training boosts your metabolism
- Testosterone is a pro-muscle & pro-youth hormone
- Improve insulin sensitivity by gaining muscle
- How muscle memory works
- The truth about weight loss photos
- All forms of exercise and activity have value
- How to transition from running to strength training
- Sending the appropriate signals to your muscles
- Exercise is a skill
- Stop training to failure
- How to make diet & exercise sustainable forever
- Love is an action, not a feeling
- A simple way to develop discipline
- How to create barriers for impulsive behaviour
- Set your intentions before a workout
- Should you eat after a workout?
- The top supplements Sal recommends + what he takes in a day
- Using caffeine as a resistance training tool
- The best time of day to workout
- Sal’s thoughts on intermittent fasting
- Simple steps to start resistance training today
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action ;)
2. If you'd prefer to watch vs listen to the interviews, head over to our YouTube channel and enjoy the full video conversations. Be sure and subscribe while you're there.
3. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
4. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
5. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
7. Share using the buttons below.