501: Stop Pushing Your Trauma Down & How You Can Start Healing From It Today | Dr. Paul Conti
Watch the full video interview on YouTube here: https://bit.ly/501drpaulconti
Dr. Paul Conti is a graduate of Stanford University School of Medicine. He completed his psychiatry training at Stanford and at Harvard, where he was appointed chief resident. Paul then served on the medical faculty at Harvard before founding a clinic.
He’s the author of Trauma: The Invisible Epidemic: How Trauma Works and How We Can Heal From It.
Have a listen to see if you’re being impacted by trauma and how to begin the healing process.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The definition of trauma
- How do we prevent trauma?
- How to identify trauma in yourself and others
- 80% of mental health challenges involve trauma
- Why the brain shifts into defensive mode after a traumatic event
- Trauma changes your memories
- Fear leads trauma
- Why shame and guilt are tied to trauma
- The catalyst behind Paul’s shift into medicine
- The response to trauma has been lacking
- The broken healthcare system + how psychiatrists can help
- The power of reframing
- The world around us imposes 24/7 stress
- Where our hope lies
- Everyone needs to work on their individual traumas
- How to assess when you need clinical help
- The stigma around mental health challenges
- Building coping skills before trauma occurs
- The basics of self-care
Seed <== 20% off your first month of Seed's DS-01™ Daily Synbiotic by using the code ultimatehealth at checkout
Paleovalley <== 15% off all Paleovalley products by using the code ultimatehealth at checkout
Organifi <== 20% off all Organifi products by using the code ultimatehealth at checkout
Dr. Paul Conti - Trauma: The Invisible Epidemic (book)
Stefani Germanotta (Lady Gaga)
How to Heal the Pain of Your Past to Find Freedom & Inner Peace | Gabby Bernstein (#458)
Alyson Stoner on Surviving the Entertainment Industry, Minimalism & Healing With Movement (#421)
Dr. Caroline Leaf on Eliminating Anxiety, Depression, and Intrusive Thoughts by Managing Your Mind (#402)
Tana Amen – The Relentless Courage of a Scared Child (#392)
259: Dr. Gabor Maté – Trauma, Addiction, & The Use Of Psychedelics
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action ;)
2. If you'd prefer to watch vs listen to the interviews, head over to our YouTube channel and enjoy the full video conversations. Be sure and subscribe while you're there.
3. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
4. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
5. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
6. Download The Ultimate Health Podcast app (FREE). This way you'll have our whole library of episodes right at your fingertips. Download our iOS/Apple app or our Android app.
7. Share using the buttons below.