503: Why You’re Not Healthy in Life & How to Fix It! Shawn Stevenson
Watch the full video interview on YouTube here: https://bit.ly/503shawnstevenson
Today we’re discussing his book Eat Smarter: Use the Power of Food to Reboot Your Metabolism, Upgrade Your Brain, and Transform Your Life.
If you’re looking to step up your diet, Shawn has some great ideas for you to start experimenting with!
In this episode, we discuss:
- The evolution of Shawn’s diet over the years
- Consuming resistant starch feeds your microbiome
- Don’t let fear dictate your diet
- What is circadian medicine?
- Sun exposure helps lower cortisol levels
- How much skin-to-sun exposure do you need?
- Exercise in the morning for better sleep quality at night
- The incredible benefits of intermittent fasting
- Understanding fasting-mimicking nutrients
- Why Shawn waits 2 hours to drink his coffee in the morning (sometimes)
- Whey protein is a fasting-mimicking food
- Make sure you get enough protein daily
- The vegan lifestyle is a new invention for humans
- Shawn’s thoughts about the controversy around fish oil
- It’s time to become more resilient
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action ;)
2. If you'd prefer to watch vs listen to the interviews, head over to our YouTube channel and enjoy the full video conversations. Be sure and subscribe while you're there.
3. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
4. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
5. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
7. Share using the buttons below.