508: Everything You've Been Told About Food Is Wrong! | Tim Spector
Watch the full video interview on YouTube here: https://bit.ly/508timspector
Tim Spector (IG: @tim.spector) is a medically qualified Professor of Epidemiology and Director of the TwinsUK registry at King’s College London.
His current work focuses on the microbiome and nutrition, and he is co-founder of the data science company ZOE.
Today we’re discussing Tim's new book, Food for Life: The New Science of Eating Well.
Stick around and learn how to eat right to optimize your health!
In this episode, we discuss:
- How Tim’s diet has evolved over the years
- What a typical day of eating looks like for Tim
- The latest research on time-restricted eating
- Calorie-restricted eating vs. time-restricted eating
- Realistic advice for weight loss
- The danger of short-term dieting and avoiding carbs
- The 30-plant rule
- Eat foods high in polyphenols
- The truth about antioxidants
- Health benefits of postbiotics
- How short-chain fatty acids are produced
- The connection between the immune system and the gut
- The best foods to include for gut health
- Eat more mushrooms!
- Why you should use extra virgin olive oil
- The best oils to cook with
- Common factors that destroy your gut microbiome
- Choose organic when eating plants
- Polyphenols help defend plants
- Tim's thoughts on the carnivore diet
- The major factors that affect the skin microbiome
Just Thrive <== 15% off all Just Thrive products by using the code ultimatehealth at checkout
Paleovalley <== 15% off all Paleovalley products by using the code ultimatehealth at checkout
Organifi <== 20% off all Organifi products by using the code ultimatehealth at checkout
Tim Spector - Food for Life (book)
Follow Tim Spector on Instagram and Twitter
Listen or watch Tim Spector previously on TUHP (episode #484)
The Top Foods You Should Eat & Avoid to Fight Disease | Dr. William Li (#506)
The 5 Best Foods for Longevity! (Eat as One Meal) | Max Lugavere (#502)
Eat This Way to Optimize Your Microbiome & Sidestep Disease | Dr. Will Bulsiewicz (#490)
Fix Your Microbiome to Lose Weight and Age in Reverse | Dr. William Davis (#455)
This Is How to Live Longer & Prevent Disease by Fixing Your Gut Health | Tina Anderson (#451)
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action ;)
2. If you'd prefer to watch vs listen to the interviews, head over to our YouTube channel and enjoy the full video conversations. Be sure and subscribe while you're there.
3. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
5. Download The Ultimate Health Podcast app (FREE). This way you'll have our whole library of episodes right at your fingertips. Download our iOS/Apple app or our Android app.
6. Share using the buttons below.