512: Use These Fasting Secrets to Burn Fat & Prevent Disease! | Dr. Mindy Pelz
Watch the full video interview on YouTube here: https://bit.ly/512drmindypelz
Dr. Mindy Pelz (IG: @dr.mindypelz) is a renowned holistic health expert and one of the leading voices in educating women about their bodies. She is on a mission to start a women's health revolution!
Today we’re discussing Mindy’s new book Fast Like a Girl: A Woman's Guide to Using the Healing Power of Fasting to Burn Fat, Boost Energy, and Balance.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The benefits of intermittent fasting
- How many hours of fasting gets you to the superhuman state?
- The 6 different types of fasting based on time
- Autophagy triggers after 17 hours of fasting
- Simple tips to stimulate autophagy
- Supplements that supercharge autophagy
- What happens to cells after they die from fasting?
- Top hacks for opening up your detox pathways
- What is a fasting snack?
- Test your blood sugar to find out if coffee breaks your fast
- Mindy’s daily fasting routine
- Why Mindy times her dinner to sunset
- Learn how to break a short fast vs. a longer fast
- How fasting helped Mindy manage perimenopause
- Fasting stimulates BDNF
- The importance of tracking your cycle
- The 30-day reset
- Get to know the characteristics of estrogen and progesterone
- How fasting helped heal Mindy’s Achilles tendon injury
- Fasting changes your microbiome
- Treat SIBO with a 24-hour fasting period
- Reboot the dopamine system with a 48-hour fast
- Mindy’s thoughts on calorie restriction for longevity
- Know why you’re fasting
- The top 3 tips to lose weight
- How glycation impacts aging
- What is metabolic switching?
- The 5-1-1 fasting variation
- Fasting is not a one size fits all tool
- Menopausal women should try fasting with the moon cycle
- Men benefit from taking fasting breaks
Organifi <== 20% off all Organifi products by using the code ultimatehealth at checkout
Paleovalley <== 15% off all Paleovalley products by using the code ultimatehealth at checkout
Just Thrive <== 15% off all Just Thrive products by using the code ultimatehealth at checkout
BiOptimizers <== 10% off BiOptimizers MassZymes by using the code ultimatehealth10 at checkout
Dr. Mindy Pelz - Fast Like A Girl (book)
Follow Dr. Mindy Pelz on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube
The Resetters Podcast by Dr. Mindy Pelz
Listen or watch Dr. Valter Longo previously on TUHP (episode #422)
Listen or watch Dr. Jason Fung previously on TUHP (episodes #369, #380, #467, #496, and #510)
Listen or watch Dave Asprey previously on TUHP (episodes #061, #159, #305, #389, and #495)
Oura Ring <== Buy the Oura Ring Generation 3 and get 6 free months of Oura membership
Emeran Mayer - The Gut-Immune Connection (book)
Listen or watch Dr. Steven Gundry previously on TUHP (episodes #202, #287, #404, and #461)
Use Fasting as a Tool to Lose Weight & Prevent Disease | Mike Mutzel (#492)
Surprising Hacks to Balance Your Blood Sugar & Beat Inflammation | Jessie Inchauspé (#476)
The Complete Guide to Intermittent Fasting for Women | Cynthia Thurlow (#465)
Fix Your Microbiome to Lose Weight and Age in Reverse | Dr. William Davis (#455)
Dr. Amy Shah Shares a Proven Plan to Boost Your Energy Today! (#431)
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won’t cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action ;)
2. If you’d prefer to watch vs listen to the interviews, head over to our YouTube channel and enjoy the full video conversations. Be sure and subscribe while you’re there.
3. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
5. Download The Ultimate Health Podcast app (FREE). This way you’ll have our whole library of episodes right at your fingertips. Download our iOS/Apple app or our Android app.
6. Share using the buttons below.