512. Do You Add A Surcharge? 6 Ways to Ensure You Stay in Compliance.
Tersh talks with the crew over at Card Choice about how many laws he is breaking!
Have you ever been pulled over by a police officer for doing a U-turn?! I HAVE! Apparently, it is against the law to perform a U-turn in the ENTIRE city of Columbus, Ohio...and apparently, it's my responsibility to read the law book for Every. Single. City. that I drive through, prior to me driving there... There were no signs stating that I could not perform a U-turn, and I hadn't seen a "No U-turns" sign anywhere in the entire state! I have driven to Columbus 10 or 15 times prior to this since Columbus is where Julie (my beautiful wife) grew up and went to college (Go Bucs!!). Here's a little secret that I need you to keep between the two of us...I had even performed this maneuver on MANY occasions inside the city limits prior to this encounter!! Since this time, I've even watched for these signs throughout the city and have not seen any. I'm rambling and I know that you want me to get to the point, so here it is... Do you know what that friendly officer told me when I professed to him how confused I was for the citation and while repeatedly asking where the hidden camera was located because I just KNEW that I was being PUNKED, he said...and I quote... "Ignorance is no excuse...enjoy the rest of your visit to your mother-in-law's!" lol, thanks!
Well, this is what we are discussing in today's show with the team over at Card Choice. We often use the exact excuse that I gave the friendly officer from Columbus, Ohio when we are talking about breaking laws within our small business, but just as the officer told me, ignorance is no excuse for us breaking any kinds of laws within our business. Before Mary reached out to me about www.cardchoice.com, I was breaking all kinds of laws!! I'm proud to say that we have fixed the ones we talk about in today's episode. Card Choice is more than just some merchant service that spam calls your business.
In today's episode, Tersh, Ray, Steve, and Mary talk about the 6 MUST DO's for you to stay in compliance when it comes to adding a surcharge to your invoice.
Our Deep Dive~
- Register with Visa, Master Card, Discover Card, and American Express prior to taking payments.
- Inform the consumer, and you must be SPECIFIC.
- 4% Cap
- Charge everything at once
- Must be displayed in at least 2 places.
- ...you'll have to listen to the rest of the episode for these juicy details!
- Get your free resources by emailing Mary at MLent@cardchoice.com
- Learn more about the team and what they have to offer by visiting https://www.cardchoice.com
- Learn more about Tersh by visiting https://serviceemperor.com
- Connect with Tersh on social media @tershblissett
- Have you ever wondered HOW to target your perfect client?!? It's EMOTION...EMOTION is what sells, and this link is how you learn your client's emotion for free... visit https://admanity.com/SBM/ to get this free share that I (Tersh) stand behind 100%!
"If you know how people will emotionally react, you have an advantage more valuable than all of humanity's innovations."
Thank you for listening to another episode of the Service Business Mastery Podcast!
Learn more about Tersh at https://ServiceBusinessMastery.com