52. Being A Man/Boy At School and College
The man and boy box: how does gender interact with education inside and outside of the classroom?
It’s a man’s world… isn’t it?
Masculinities expert Tim Carpentier joins me to discuss the unique challenges boys / men face inside and outside the classroom, and what we can do about them.
For more, check out:
- Beyond Equality, https://www.beyondequality.org/
- Just Let Me Know (organisation whose stats Tim referenced at one point)
- Boys won't be boys, boys will be what we teach them to be (Ted Talk)
- Violence Against Women: It's a Men's Issue (Ted Talk)
- Lads: Toxic Masculinity virtual film festival 9-16 April
Hosted by William Wadsworth, memory psychologist, independent researcher and study skills coach. I help ambitious students to study smarter, not harder, so they can ace their exams with less work and less stress.
Support us on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/examstudyexpert
Podcast Edited by Benoît André.