528: Ulrich "The Mole" Larsen | Undercover in North Korea Part Two
Ulrich "The Mole" Larsen (@UlrichTheMole) is a family man from Denmark who spent 10 years undercover in North Korea infiltrating its illicit arms trade. [This is part two of a two-part episode. Part one can be found here!]
What We Discuss with Ulrich "The Mole" Larsen:
- How did a young Danish chef and family man wind up working undercover in North Korea to disrupt its illicit arms trade?
- Why would the repressive regime that runs North Korea trust a young Danish chef and welcome him with open arms?
- How some low-status Westerners cozy up to the North Korean regime for the chance to boss around other Westerners visiting the country and the illusionary rush of power it gives them.
- The natural qualities and easygoing talents that made Ulrich such an ideal mole in a place where every move is surveilled and analyzed by invisible eyes from every nook and shadow.
- Why operating clandestinely in the DPRK is no job for a teetotaler.
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: https://jordanharbinger.com/528
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!