534: Greg McKeown | How to Make What Matters Effortless
Greg McKeown (@GregoryMcKeown) is the host of the What’s Essential podcast, and author of the New York Times bestseller Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less. His latest book, Effortless: Make It Easier to Do What Matters Most, is out now.
What We Discuss with Greg McKeown:
- If you want 10x the results of any endeavor without putting in 10x the effort, it's important to understand your ROE (return on effort).
- How the disciplined pursuit of less keeps you from getting overwhelmed with unexpected options and opportunities that come from what should be the good news of success.
- Why, if you find yourself procrastinating on a project because it's not perfect enough to your liking, you should delay a bad first draft and create a truly awful zero draft.
- Why "easy" does not (always) equal "lazy" and what you can do to work smarter rather than harder to avoid earning the meaningless badge of honor that burnout has become in the modern workforce.
- Five questions to ask yourself before taking on a project that's in danger of being overthought, overwhelming, and anything but effortless.
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/534
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!