543: R. Douglas Fields | Understanding Why We Snap
R. Douglas Fields (@RDouglasFields1) is a neuroscientist specializing in the cellular mechanisms of nervous system development, plasticity, and memory, and author of Why We Snap: Understanding the Rage Circuit in Your Brain. [Note: This is a previously broadcast episode from the vault that we felt deserved a fresh listen!]
What We Discuss with R. Douglas Fields:
- What is rage, and what evolutionary purpose does it serve?
- What makes ordinary people “snap” — that is, react violently when triggered by rage?
- Can we control our urge to snap when rage overtakes us?
- Understand the nine triggers of rage.
- LIFEMORTS: the mnemonic that helps us identify when rage intrudes so we can get a rational handle on it preemptively.
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/543
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!