55. [Part 1] The Narratives Behind Love with Amanda Natividad and Marissa Goldberg
In part 1 of our 3-part series, we're joined be Amanda Natividad and Marissa Goldberg – two friends of the podcast – to discuss the traditions that surround love.
After getting engaged last year, Steph found herself in a place she didn't expect and with emotions that she didn't feel entitled to have. That led her down a deep rabbit hole of questions, ultimately ending up in a bunch of societal narratives.
She discusses them here with Amanda and Marissa, as they share how they navigated the narratives that underpin love, from engagement to name changes to family involvement and more. Without giving too much away, all three women have found their own unique way forward.
- The Gottman Institute (for fantastic research-based marriage advice)
- Harvard grad speech on committing
- A name change service that Marissa recommends
- A before marriage list of questions
- Post-engagement anxiety article 1
- Post-engagement anxiety article 2
- Getting engaged made me feel miserable
- Amanda's "declaration of interdependence"
- Marissa's elopement video
Thank you Amanda and Marissa for joining us! You can find them at...