555: Jessica Tracy | Why Pride is the Deadly Sin of Success
Jessica Tracy (@ProfJessTracy) is a professor of psychology at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, where she also directs the Emotion & Self Lab. She is the author of Take Pride: Why the Deadliest Sin Holds the Secret to Human Success. [Note: This is a previously broadcast episode from the vault that we felt deserved a fresh listen!]
What We Discuss with Jessica Tracy:
- Pride is a universal human emotion and a force that can be harnessed to help humans succeed — it’s a key ingredient to confidence.
- Understand the difference between hubristic and authentic pride — why you should seek out one but try to minimize the other.
- Learn how pride intersects with grit.
- Identify pride to gain an advantage in shifting your own behavior and knowing how to react to others.
- Discover how the statuses of dominance and prestige are affected by pride.
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/555
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking — our free networking and relationship development mini course — at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!