56: Remembering Robyn with Danielle Faulkner
Before you listen to this powerful episode, I feel I should mention that descriptions of a child being killed in a road traffic accident are mentioned, which some listeners may find upsetting
I heard about my guest today when I was in a Facebook group about climbing the Munros (a mountain over 3000 feet high) in Scotland and saw her “team” leaving flags at the summit to remember her daughter, and was so moved by what they were doing and her story
Danielle Falconer is 27 and lives in Fife, Scotland.
She is currently a primary school teacher at Lumphinnans Primary School and describes it as a wonderful job
She says she is a Mamma to 3 beautiful babies. Her gorgeous girl Robyn Skye Knox – who will be forever 3 - and her beautiful twin boys - Robin Junior Skye Knox and River Skye Knox – who were on born 4th December 2020.
Her daughter Robyn was tragically killed in an accident and Danielle along with her team want to keep her name alive and raise funds for other families that are going through tough times to offer both emotional and practical support
Some key points from our interview:
· How she found it so surreal to accept that her daughter had been killed in an accident
· How just three days after Robyn’s death, she decided they wanted to help other families
· How she wants to make changes to the memory boxes that parents are given when they leave hospital without their child to include a grief guide
· How helping others keeps Robyn’s name alive and is a living legacy to her
· How she recognised that it’s so important to sit with and allow whatever feelings come up and not fight them
You can get more information about Danielle and the Remembering Robyn pages here:
* * * *
"Unbroken: Healing Through Storytelling" features individuals who have all triumphed after adversity and have not just bounced back in life, but forward and are now making a difference for others.
Hosted by Madeleine Black, the show will share stories of all the amazing people Madeleine has met on her own journey as an author/speaker and these stories will heal, motivate, inspire and bring hope when they share their wisdom and knowledge with her.
You can find out more about Madeleine, her story and her memoir, Unbroken, from her website: https://madeleineblack.co.uk/