57 | Bodyful Healing with Jennifer Sterling
Today, we’re talking to Jennifer Sterling, Registered Dance/Movement Psychotherapist and Holistic Nutritionist.
She is also the Creator of Bodyful Healing, a wellness platform that offers body-based, holistic support to Black women living with depression.
In 2019, Jennifer’s book Dear Strong Black Woman: Letters of Nourishment and Reflection from One Strong Black Woman to Another was published. Dear Strong Black Woman is a collection of 31 letters of nourishment and connection from one strong Black woman to another.
In this episode, we talk about…
- The importance of safe spaces for Black women living with depression.
- Breaking down the myth of the strong Black woman.
- Learning about dance/movement psychotherapy.
- How nutrition and mental health are interconnected.
- Check out Jennifer’s book, Dear Strong Black Woman
- Jennifer’s Website: bodyfulhealing.com
- Follow Bodyful Healing on Instagram: @bodyfulhealing
- Like Bodyful Healing on Facebook
- Follow Bodyful Healing on Twitter: @bodyfulhealing
Balanced Black Girl Partners:
- BLK+GRN | Use code BBG20 for 20% off at blkgrn.com
- Black Girl Sunscreen | Use code BBG20 for 20% off at blackgirlsunscreen.com
- Methodology | Use code BALANCEDBLACKGIRL30 for 30% off your first Methodology shipment
- Organifi | Use the code BBG for 15% off Organifi supplements
- Skinny Dipped | Use the code BBG for 15% off your order at skinnydipped.com
If you like this episode, please leave a rating and review on iTunes. Keep in touch with Les on Instagram @balancedles, follow the show @balancedblackgirlpodcast, and join the Balanced Black Girl Podcast Community on Facebook.
PS: If you really want to take your year to the next level, snag our free glow-up guide. This free guide has everything you need to implement a self-care practice that works. You’ll get daily journal worksheets, inspiring quotes, affirmations, and a bonus workout. Get the guide HERE.