570: Marc Fennell | Cracking California's Nut Jobs
Marc Fennell (@MarcFennell) is an award-winning journalist, interviewer, author, and documentary maker. He is also the writer and narrator of Audible Original Nut Jobs: Cracking California's Strangest $10 Million Dollar Heist.
What We Discuss with Marc Fennell:
- Who stole $10 million in nuts (specifically almonds and pistachios) from California's Central Valley farmers -- and why?
- Why are nuts (and prepackaged food in general) such ideal targets for theft, and how do current security protocols make it so temptingly easy for thieves with the means to haul them away?
- What makes nuts grown in California's Central Valley valuable enough for organized criminals to take notice, and where do they go?
- Who wins and who loses when hot nuts change hands?
- What will it take to stop these heists from continuing?
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/570
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!