6: The Interface between MSE and Electronics (feat. Dr. Himani Sharma)
Electronics are the core of our information age. So how will Materials Scientists drive the next great leap in electronics technology? In today’s episode we talk with Dr. Himani Sharma, a lecturer and former research scientist at the Georgia Institute of Technology. In this conversation we unpack how and where the next generation of electronics innovations may occur.
Our topics in today’s episode include:
- Solving connectivity issues in circuits to improve their performance (11:32 )
- The connection between Moore’s Law and MSE (20:30 )
- Looking into solutions to solve the problem of e-waste (26:48 )
- Graphene and 2D materials (33:16 )
- Increasing opportunity for human-electronic integrations (42:44 )
- And much more!
For shorter segments, subscribe to our channel on YouTube. For bloopers, audiograms, and interesting materials science articles, follow us on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter. Feel free to DM us @itsamaterialworldpodcast if you have any feedback or recommendations for future episodes or email us directly at email@example.com. Finally, reach out to Tom Miller and Punith Upadhya on LinkedIn if you'd like to chat about the latest breakthroughs in MSE!