600: Metta World Peace | Mettaphorically Speaking
Metta World Peace (@MettaWorld37) (aka Metta Sandiford-Artest, aka Ron Artest) is a former NBA All-Star, author of No Malice: My Life in Basketball or: How a Kid from Queensbridge Survived the Streets, the Brawls, and Himself to Become an NBA Champion, and host of the Mettaphorically Speaking podcast.
What We Discuss with Metta World Peace:
- How did Ron Artest become Metta World Peace, what were some of the considered alternatives, and why did he later change his name to Metta Sandiford-Artest?
- Growing up with anger management problems that arguably culminated in the infamous Malice at the Palace Pacers–Pistons brawl, how does Metta positively channel his passion these days?
- Why Metta chose to work a part-time job at Circuit City after practice while pulling in a million dollars a year (albeit before taxes) for the Chicago Bulls.
- Why Metta made a point to thank his shrink when he was playing for the Lakers and they won the 2010 championship.
- How Metta has advocated for mental health awareness by donating a portion of his NBA salary and auctioning off his 2010 championship ring.
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/600
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Miss the show we did with Dennis Rodman — one of the greatest rebounders ever to play professional basketball? Catch up here with episode 258: Dennis Rodman | The Worm Is Back!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!