603: Mike Rowe | Dirty Jobs and Peripatetic Moments
Mike Rowe (@mikeroweworks) of Dirty Jobs and The Way I Heard It podcast (and book) fame joins us to talk about the skills gap, The mikeroweWORKS Foundation, authenticity, and life experiences possible outside the comfort zone. Just don't tell him he's following his passion. [Note: This is a previously broadcast episode from the vault that we felt deserved a fresh pass through your earholes!]
What We Discuss with Mike Rowe:
- Did you know Mike Rowe started his show business career in opera — to get women?
- What are Anagnorisis and Peripeteia?
- Discover how Mike broke a pattern of commodity hosting by approaching the profession as a tradesman.
- Bromide busting and the problems with conventional wisdom.
- Why finding and filling a niche may ultimately be better than chasing what you think is your dream job.
- And much more...
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Miss the other show we did with Mike Rowe — the Dirty Jobs host working to close the skills gap in the US? Catch up here with episode 264: Mike Rowe | The Way I Heard It!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!