607: Dwyane Wade | A Life Bigger Than Basketball
Dwyane Wade (@DwyaneWade) is a retired NBA All-Star, host of The Cube on TBS, and author of Dwyane and A Father First: How My Life Became Bigger Than Basketball.
What We Discuss with Dwyane Wade:
- How to know the difference between giving your kids the opportunity to excel in areas that will enrich their lives versus pushing them into things they don't want to do.
- Lessons Dwyane learned from the basketball court that he now applies to his most important job: parent.
- How Dwyane dealt with imposter syndrome on the cusp of signing to the NBA.
- On the stigma of athletes seeking help for mental health, and why Dwyane encourages them to do it anyway.
- How Dwyane encourages his kids to be the best versions of themselves, strives to see the world from their unique perspectives, and doesn't shy away from consulting professional help when they pose questions he's unable to answer on his own.
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/607
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Miss our conversation with rapper, singer-songwriter, and record producer T-Pain? Catch up with episode 551: T-Pain | You Can’t Auto-Tune Your Way to Happiness here!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!