608: Greg Rice | The Art of Communication
We know by now that one of the most important aspects of your success is in building relationships, but you can’t build them without first mastering the subtle art of communication! As an expert on the subject, Greg Rice is passionate about genuine and effective communication and connection.
Greg has helped lead companies like Nestle, Macys, eBay, Harley Davidson, Cigna, and Taco Bell while also helping hundreds of entrepreneurs raise over $20 Million in financing. He now explores insights from industry experts on the Art of Communication Podcast, to help others connect and communicate more effectively in their business and personal lives.
Don’t miss out on this amazing conversation as we dive deep with Greg Rice and learn the art of communication.
Things you will learn in this episode:
- I introduce today’s guest, Greg Rice
- Be sure to check out guestio.com and start booking
- Greg gives us some background on his life
- Only child, underprivileged neighborhood
- Graduating and going into sales
- Navigating insecurity around communication and relationships
- Discovering the effects of authenticity in connection
- Greg talks about why he went into sales despite fearing it
- Never letting fear stop you
- Opportunities to learn and grow
- Takeaways from Greg’s early career
- As a leader, you don’t have to always have the answers
- The importance of getting personal with your team
- SAVE methodology
- Greg talks about having the hard conversations
- Don’t put them off, they always come back
- Balancing honesty and vulnerability
- An example of talking with your spouse
- A word from our sponsor
- Who you know or what you know?
- Building relationships leads to opportunities
- Mutually beneficial relationships
- An example through my relationship with Greg
- Shaving the years off of the learning curve
- The importance of connection and vulnerability
- Being more relatable
- People know when it’s ‘not you’
- Greg talks about the process of building a relationship
- Prepare and learn about the person
- The best ways to get introduced/connected
- Building and add value over time before you ask anything
- Don’t put all your eggs in one basket
- Everything is practice for the next time
- Learn from every conversation you have
- Failing only comes when you quit
- Every entrepreneur will face the pivot
- RaNDoM RoUnD
- How to engage with Greg
- Links below
- Final words
“It’s huge to take the time to get their perspective, and know what’s going on in their world… I always learn there’s something else going on there.” - Greg Rice
“Every opportunity I’ve ever gotten has come from building relationships with folks, and leveraging that in a way that benefits us both and leads to good outcomes.” - Greg Rice
“Look at where you can add value. Look at where you can help them in whatever they’re trying to accomplish… You have to build a relationship and add value first.” - Greg Rice
Did you love the value that we are putting out in the show? LEAVE A REVIEW and tell us what you think about the episode so we can continue putting out great content just for you! Share this episode and help someone who wants to connect with world-class people.
Jump on over to travischapel.com/makemypodcast and let my team make you your very own show!
If you want to learn how to build YOUR network, check out my website a travischappell.com. You can connect with me on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Be sure to join The Lounge to become part of the community that’s setting up REAL relationships that add value and create investments.
Advertising Inquiries: https://redcircle.com/brands
Privacy & Opt-Out: https://redcircle.com/privacy