614: Jason Ellis | Being Yourself is the Only Way
Expressing who you really are is the way to fulfillment. This is what Jason Ellis believes. Jason is a professional skateboarder, mixed martial artist, radio DJ, and podcast host. In this episode, he shares why authenticity is the way to having satisfaction in life. He tells us his story of moving from Australia to the United States and pursuing his passion for skateboarding. Jason also shares his transition from skateboarding to being a radio DJ to having his own podcast.
Let’s get into Jason’s incredible story. Listen in!
- I introduce Jason to the show
- Jason’s background story
- Why he hated school
- Leaving Australia for the US
- Getting into skateboarding
- His plans on commentating on sports
- Why authenticity matters in sports commentary
- How Tony Hawk got Jason into the radio industry
- Jumping from skateboarding to becoming a radio DJ
- Why relatability is powerful in radio shows
- The importance of being yourself
- Jason on having his own podcast
- The challenge of starting his own thing
- How it’s different from radio
- Jason answers: who you know vs. what you know
“For me to be on the radio being funny, having a lot of accomplishments, but also being a loser, emotional, depressed… I’ve done all these terrible things, but I’m still here, and I’m kicking it.” - Jason Ellis
“The expression of who you are at your core is what I think allows you to lead a life that you live… Expressing those things makes you live in congruence with who you believe yourself to be.” - Travis Chappell
Did you love the value that we are putting out in the show? LEAVE A REVIEW and tell us what you think about the episode so we can continue putting out great content just for you! Share this episode and help someone who wants to connect with world-class people.
Jump on over to travischapel.com/makemypodcast and let my team make you your very own show!
If you want to learn how to build YOUR network, check out my website a travischappell.com. You can connect with me on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Be sure to join The Lounge to become part of the community that’s setting up REAL relationships that add value and create investments.
Advertising Inquiries: https://redcircle.com/brands
Privacy & Opt-Out: https://redcircle.com/privacy