#64: Minal Bopaiah’s Author Journey
Today's episode is part of an ongoing series called “Author Journeys”. This series focuses on interviews Becky conducted for her upcoming book, Reach: Creating the Biggest Possible Audience for Your Book, Message, or Cause (April 2022). In this episode, we are joined by Minal Bopaiah—Author, Equity Strategist, and Founder of Brevity & Wit. During this episode, Minal shares:
- What her experience has been like growing her influence online.
- When building connections on LinkedIn, what worked well for her.
- The challenges she faced on the journey to getting her book contract.
- A challenge for marginalized voices particularly is that, at least in the business space in business books, it seems you almost have to be making six figures in order to be able to get the book deal and afford the extra publicity and marketing around the book.
- Her perspective on difficulties that people from marginalized communities might face.
- What, if anything, people can do to elevate marginalized voices.
For our show notes, including action steps, and resources, visit: https://bit.ly/3yajk2h
Please feel free to send a message to Becky at firstname.lastname@example.org to share your thoughts!