649: Lance Tyson | Great Leaders Bring the Best Out of Their Team
How do you lead? Lance Tyson believes that people don’t leave a job for more money, they leave for a better boss. Lance is the Founder and CEO of Tyson Groups. Over the past two decades, Lance Tyson has followed his passion for developing strong business leaders and their salespeople by tapping into his natural ability to connect with people and foster an environment for learning and coaching.
As owner, President, and CEO of Tyson Group, Lance facilitates, trains, and conducts over one hundred workshops annually in areas such as performance management, leadership, sales, sales management, customer service, and team building. Lance now focuses on training sales leaders and their teams to compete in a complex world.
Listen in and find out how Lance builds and brings the best out of teams and what it takes to be a great leader that gets results.
Things you will learn in this episode:
- I introduce today’s guest, Lance Tyson
- Lance talks about how his business has changed since the last interview
- An example through sports
- Lance’s views on normal vs. new normal
- Based on performance
- Lance talks about the resistance of organizations against change
- A collision of immaturity and fair vs. equal
- Calculating success in a flexible environment
- The pyramid approach
- KPIs of outcomes not behaviors
- Leading or managing
- Conversations that lead to results
- Presentee vs. absentee
- Giving the best kind of recognition
- A word from our Sponsor
- Lance talks about the value of his new book
- This year the sales didn’t matter, connection did
- Human to Human Sales
- Maintaining human connection in this day and age
- Taking care of the little things
- Pounding the rock
- Biggest mistakes Lance sees people make in communication
- Who you know or what you know?
- Who wants to know you
- Name dropping is not networking
- How to audit real relationships
- Human relations does not mean people like you
- Think rapport, not relations
- Relationship is an outcome of credibility
- The reality of ‘favors’
- Don’t save favors too far
- ThE RaNdOm RoUnD
- How to engage with Lance
- Links below
- Final words
“Are you going to manage by equal or fair…? Equal is - ‘everybody has to be in the office,’ managing people fairly is based on performance.” - Lance Tyson
“If you limit someone’s capacity, or you put walls around their performance and they feel they can’t grow out of - that’s a challenge… Most people don’t leave a job for more money, they leave for a better boss.” - Lance Tyson
“Rapport yields persuasion, credibility yields trust… and credibility doesn’t just come from a likeability factor, it comes from, maybe at times, being an agitator.” - Lance Tyson
- Human to Human Sales
- Igniting Sales EQ
- Selling is an Away Game
- Jocko Podcast
- How to Stop Worrying and Start Living
Did you love the value that we are putting out in the show? LEAVE A REVIEW and tell us what you think about the episode so we can continue putting out great content just for you! Share this episode and help someone who wants to connect with world-class people.
Jump on over to travischappell.com/makemypodcast and let my team make you your very own show!
If you want to learn how to build YOUR network, check out my website travischappell.com. You can connect with me on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Be sure to join The Lounge to become part of the community that’s setting up REAL relationships that add value and create investments.
Advertising Inquiries: https://redcircle.com/brands
Privacy & Opt-Out: https://redcircle.com/privacy