65: The Addiction Inoculation: Raising Healthy Kids in a Culture of Dependance with Author Jessica Lahey
On this episode, I welcome New York Times Bestselling Author, Dr. Jessica Lahey to talk about her new book--
The Addiction Inoculation: Raising Healthy Kids in a Culture of Dependance.
We discuss the following (and so much more):
- What a "culture of dependance means."
- When we should start speaking to children about substance use (Hint: It's a lot earlier than you may think).
- What role do genetics and environment play in addiction?
- Do school-based prevention programs work?
- What are some protective factors for substance use in children?
Make sure to visit her website https://www.jessicalahey.com/ for more and follow us on Instagram at @pedsdoctalk and @teacherlahey