65 - Cutting the Cheese With Miyoko Schinner
Hailed by many as “the Vegan Cheese Queen,” Miyoko Schinner is here to lead the food revolution. A vegan for 35 years and hugely successful businesswoman, Miyoko has become a household name in the dairy-free cheese and butter categories. However, creating incredible cheeses from cashews and oats is only one of her priorities—she wants to dismantle the fear around labeling and create a global market where plant-based cheese is the “real” thing and dairy (if it still exists) is the alternative. She dives into the process of making cheese to the story behind her empire. This is an episode you don’t want to miss.
What we discuss in this episode:
- Visit Miyoko’s Creamery for all of Miyoko’s cheesy products.
- The realities of the dairy industry
- Founding story of Miyoko’s Creamery
- Current Miyoko’s cheese products in the works
- Lawsuit against Miyoko’s Creamy for using the term “butter” to label her non-dairy product.
- Miyoko’s commitment to help dairy farmers transition to more sustainable and profitable industries.
- Check out Miyoko’s first book, Artisan Vegan Cheese
Connect with Switch4Good
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Switch4Good/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/switch4good/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Switch4GoodOrg
- Website: switch4good.org