#66: Justin Miller’s Author Journey
Today's episode is part of an ongoing series called “Author Journeys.” This series focuses on interviews Becky conducted for her upcoming book, Reach: Creating the Biggest Possible Audience for Your Message, Book, or Cause (April 2022). In this episode, we are joined by Justin Miller—Author and CEO of CARE for AIDS, Inc. During this episode, Justin shares:
- How his brother David, who was marginalized because of his disabilities, inspired his journey, and how he was first introduced to the AIDS pandemic.
- What led him to creating CARE for AIDS with his co-founders, and the model of their organization.
- The impact CARE for AIDS has had on clients, their children, local economies, and people all around the world who have contributed to the success of the organization.
- The importance of creating a focused and consistent message, and mobilizing people who are invested in that message.
- His investment in stewarding relationships with partners and making sure they know how to tell the story of the organization well and be great ambassadors.
- The setbacks he has faced throughout the journey of growing his nonprofit.
- How the book he wrote with his co-founders has helped them share the message of CARE for AIDS with a wider audience, how it resonates with people, and how they will continue to incorporate the book in their outreach.
- The importance of organic reach and consistency when building support for your organization.
For our show notes, including action steps, and resources, visit: https://bit.ly/2VuBQnL
Please feel free to send a message to Becky at email@example.com to share your thoughts!