678: Casey Patterson | Emmy Nominated Producer on Making Something Bigger than Yourself
Longevity in making something great is not only about the quality of the product but the quality of the experience and a love for the people you do it with.
Casey Patterson is an executive producer who has been nominated for four Emmy awards and two PJ Awards, and head of Casey Patterson entertainment. She has created an array of groundbreaking programming including the breakout hit-series Lip Sync Battle, Netflix's A Very Murray Christmas, Spike's One Night Only: Alec Baldwin, Rock the Troops with Dwayne Johnson's Seven Bucks Productions, The Concert of the Century at the White House, Saturday Night Live 25th Anniversary Special, and so much more!
An incredible guest today. Let’s jump right in and learn how this Emmy Nominated Producer accomplished her dreams by doing something bigger than herself.
Things you will learn in this episode:
- I introduce today’s guest, Casey Patterson
- Casey gives us some background on her story
- Influenced and inspired by MTV
- A movement for adolescents
- A part of something bigger
- Growing up in St. Croix and England
- Starting a career in entertainment as a talent booker
- Being moved by content
- The usual career path
- Making something the talent wants to do
- Building authority and experience
- How Casey made the leap into management
- A value for the voice of the demographic
- Best idea wins - spot bonus
- How relationships played a huge role in Casey’s career
- The importance of like minded people
- A word from our sponsors
- Casey shares what drives her to find success
- A love for creators and the creative process
- How to have longevity
- Work with the people you adore
- Quality of product and experience
- The story and impact behind the recent Emmy nomination
- How to engage with Casey
- Links below
- Final words
“I felt like I was a part of something bigger than myself… That was my first real understanding into the context of what a good brand really is and that is to stand for something bigger than just the product.” - Casey Patterson
“You have to love the community and you have to love the content and you have to respect that connection which is precious…” - Casey Patterson
“I think it’s important to carve out enough time and breathing room when making things to enjoy the making of things and enjoy the people you’re doing it with.” - Casey Patterson
Did you love the value that we are putting out in the show? LEAVE A REVIEW and tell us what you think about the episode so we can continue putting out great content just for you! Share this episode and help someone who wants to connect with world-class people.
Jump on over to travischappell.com/makemypodcast and let my team make you your very own show!
If you want to learn how to build YOUR network, check out my website travischappell.com. You can connect with me on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Be sure to join The Lounge to become part of the community that’s setting up REAL relationships that add value and create investments.
Advertising Inquiries: https://redcircle.com/brands
Privacy & Opt-Out: https://redcircle.com/privacy